The Caravan Club also provides low-cost courses for caravaners and these provide a comprehensive level of training, improving skills and building confidence, helping to avoid establishing ‘bad habits’. Attending the certificated courses can also mean a discount on your caravan insurance premium.
Which course is right for me?
1) Practical Caravanning Course The Club has been running its one-and-a-half-day Practical Caravanning course for over 35 years now. It costs only £165 and is perfect for those new to towing. The 10 hour course covers instruction and practice in:
- Understanding loading and how it affects towing.
- Hitching up and towing, safely and efficiently.
- Practice in manoeuvring an outfit forwards and backwards, easily and confidently.
- Simple technical information to encourage user checks.
- Everyday safety checks and the law affecting caravanners.
2) Caravan Manoeuvring CourseThe one-day Caravan Manoeuvring course is great for experienced caravanners who simply want to hone their skills, increase their confidence and become true experts in towing. This course pays particular attention to reversing and turning and costs just £140. The course takes place in the private grounds of colleges and commercial training schools. The courses are taught by professional instructors, and caravans are provided.